Elder Recreation Program Leader
With a certification for Recreation therapy or accessible recreation this position will support age-appropriate sport, recreation, land-based programming in collaboration with community organizations which serve their Elders. This position will travel to, as well as work with communities to establish and implement their own independent programs.
- Support Elders to get them holistically active and promote positive lifestyle alternatives
- Researching and developing programs which speak to the needs of a unique community
- Develop a series of programs to serve elders in health and wellness
- Act as a liaison for the MASRC with organizations and communities, to develop, plan, support and deliver programs
- Report and meet with MASRC management through the planning, implementing, and reporting stages of the programing
- Travel with the intention of building relationships with stakeholders who serve elders
- Provide current and trending opportunities in holistic wellbeing
- Create, test and pilot programs which would become permanent and evolving MASRC resources
- Recreation program certification, recreation therapy certification, education and/or physical education, NCCP Community Coach levels, or equivalent experience
- Fitness, dance or sport certifications, or equivalent experience
- Previous administration and computer skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to work independently and be self-driven
- Must be willing to travel to remote communities (including by plane, train, or car)
Position to start immediately.
Salary range $37-39,000 depending on experience.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume by mail or email addressed to:
Mel Whitesell, Executive Director
Manitoba Aboriginal Sports & Recreation Council
105-145 Pacific Ave
Deadline: September 30, 2022