Fish Passage Engineering Technical Support
The Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick (WNNB) provides scientific and technical support to New Brunswick’s six Wolastoqey communities on a variety of resource development files. To learn more about our organization and the work we do, please visit www.wolastoqey.ca.
We are presently working with our communities on consultations with New Brunswick Power (NBP) regarding the future of the Mactaquac Generating Station on the Wolastoq (St. John) River. In particular we are working with NB Power on improving fish passage at this facility as one aspect of NBP Mactaquac Life Achievement Project (MLAP).
WNNB is seeking the assistance of a Fish Passage Engineer to support our technical analysis and consultation on this project. The anticipated period of work is September 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022.
- Review documents for fish passage design criteria to ensure they capture the necessary range of operating conditions for fish passage structures.
- Review proposed designs of fish passage structures* to evaluate their potential effectiveness and benefits/shortcomings relative to alternatives. The review should also include suggestions regarding further information that should be gathered or questions that should be answered to better inform fish passage designs for target species.
- Identify feasible design alternatives for upstream and downstream fish passage that may not have been considered in proponent reports.
- Provide written reports on findings to WNNB staff.
- Must be legally capable of providing consulting services in New Brunswick, Canada
- The consultant must declare any potential conflicts of interest in their proposal. The consultant must not have provided services to NB Power in the past 5 years, nor intend to provide services to NB Power in the foreseeable future.
- In your proposal, please state your experience with the design and/or construction of fish passage structures for hydroelectric facilities, as well as any other relevant experience and education of the consultant/team members.
Proposals are due by Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at 4:00 PM Atlantic Time. Proposals should be submitted to Jennifer Miles, Human Resources Director ([email protected]) or through Indeed.com