Garden River FN: Notice of Nomination Meeting
Notice of Nomination Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Electors of the Garden River First Nation will be held at the Community Centre on Friday the 1 1 th day of August 2023, from 4:00 p.m. — 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of nominating candidates for the positions of Chief and Councillors on the Band Council of the said Band, for the next ensuing term. There is one (1) position for Chief and eight (8) Councillor positions available.
Important Information About the Nomination of Candidates
- Any elector may nominate candidates by delivering or sending by mail, fax, or email a completed signed and witnessed nomination and voter declaration form to the Electoral Officer before the time set for the nomination meeting, OR by making a nomination orally at the nomination meeting.
- Under the First Nations Elections Act an elector must not nominate more than one candidate for chief position and no more than eight (8) councillors.
- Under the First Nations Elections Act, a nominee does not become a candidate until they deliver to the Electoral Officer or Deputy EO, by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 14, 2023, a signed Candidate Declaration form which can be obtained from the Electoral Officer or Terri Tice, Deputy Electoral Officer (Band Membership).
Important Information About the Election
- The Election will be held on Tuesday September 19, 2023, at the Community Centre, from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Any elector may vote by mail-in ballot by submitting a Request for Mail-in Ballot form to the Electoral Officer, along with a copy of identification. Ballots will not be mailed out after Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
- Any elector may permit the Electoral Officer to release their name to the candidates.
Given under my hand this 17th day of July 2023.
PO Box 309, SSM PO Main Sault Ste Marie, ON P6A 5L8
Cell/Text: 906.379.8796 Fax: 705.945.1415 (Band Office: Attn Electoral Officer)