Health Senior Analyst
Office of the Grand Chief
Thompson or Winnipeg – Full Time
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated individual to assume the responsibilities of Health Senior Analyst to the Office of the Grand Chief and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain input and guidance on health issues from MKO First Nations and other organizations;
- Serve as MKO representative on MKO-KIM COVID Pandemic Team, and MKO representative to Manitoba First Nation Pandemic Response and Coordination Team;
- Develop and Foster alliances with other organizations that will advance the well-being of MKO communities and citizens;
- Develop new and innovative ways to liaise with MKO citizens, leadership and organizations on health program delivery that will contribute to the well-being of MKO communities and citizens;
- Provide coordination and support to programs in the MKO region to raise the level of health awareness and service in MKO communities;
- Consult with MKO communities and other organizations and actively promote and assist in the delivery of optimal health services;
- Oversee the development of management and administrative practices of health program and services within the organization;
- Represents MKO and its position on health at different collaborative tables, working groups, meetings as assigned and relays back to MKO via reports, briefing notes etc.;
- Prepares discussion papers, letters, case studies, work plans, reports, briefings, presentations, recommendations, speaking notes and process documents as required;
- Champion MKO initiatives in the a of health with leadership, communities, stakeholders and government and others as required;
- The Health Senior Analyst will provide advice and guidance in improving health services and conditions to the Grand Chief’s Office;
- Supports and monitors implementation of health policies and processes, approaches and philosophies;
- Undertakes review and analysis, and prepares relevant materials to support the MKO Grand Chief’s participation in partnerships, committees and meetings;
- Completes various quarterly and annual reports associated with MKO partnerships as required;
- Develops strong credibility and working relationships with internal and external partners at various levels;
- Attend KIM team meetings as requested and will relay back to the Grand Chief and political team;
- Develops strong credibility and working relationships with internal and external partners at various levels.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A working knowledge of Health Programs within the community.
- Knowledge and experience working with First Nation Inuit Health Branch.
- Experience working with First Nation Government, First Nation Communities and other levels of Government.
- A keen appreciation of MKO First Nation cultures and community aspirations is required.
- Proven well-developed communication, staff/public relations and negotiating experience; must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently or as a team member.
- Basic computer skills, proven experience with word processing, email, spreadsheet, presentation and publishing software preferably in a Microsoft environment.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial legislation and policies that affect First Nation government, and a sound knowledge of contemporary public sector operating systems and procedures are required.
- Innovative and decisive with high-level organizational, managerial, research and analytical skills; must demonstrate results – oriented management skills and practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a high level of tact and discretion.
- Possess excellent project management skills and be able to establish and effectively achieve measurable objectives within directed work plans.
- Excellent knowledge, training and experience in governmental health funding procedures.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on September 21, 2021 to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (204) 778-7655
Mail: 206-55 Selkirk Avenue
Thompson, MB R8N 0N8
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.