Indigenous Inter-Community Sports Liaison
The position will work to promote MASRC programs and services while developing a comprehensive plan for communities across the province. This position will also work in partnership with Provincial Sport Organization’s (PSO’s) and local organizations in the inner-city, as well as in rural and remote areas of the province. In this role, staff will train, develop, monitor, and evaluate sustainable programs in Indigenous neighborhoods and communities. This role will also support projects that provide opportunities for Indigenous populations to actively participate in sport, including in roles as athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteer leaders.
- Build and maintain relationships for the MASRC with Indigenous communities, organizations, and individuals
- Conduct analysis of communities to ensure MASRC programs and services are in alignment with current needs and availability of infrastructure
- Connect with our targeted demographic of successful Indigenous athletes and coaches
- Support the development of Indigenous athletes to encourage participation in elite development pathways including NAHC, NAIG, and display their talent and achievements
- Measure the effectiveness of MASRC programs and services for building community capacity, increase sport participation, improve physical activity outlets and work to understand and bring about real change
- Help develop and promote MASRC programs and services being delivered throughout our network and within communities
- Strong communication, reporting, and networking skills
- Previous experience with sport at an elite playing, coaching, or program development level preferred
- Previous experience developing recreation programs, community planning, sport programs, or relevant experience considered an asset
- Previous administration and computer skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to work independently and be self-driven
- Must be willing to travel to remote communities (including by plane, train, or car)
Position to start immediately.
Salary range $37-39,000 depending on experience.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume by mail or email addressed to:
Mel Whitesell, Executive Director
Manitoba Aboriginal Sports & Recreation Council
105-145 Pacific Ave
Deadline: September 30, 2022