MNO seeking Community Councils interested in hosting AGA 2023 and AGA 2024
May 18, 2022
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is seeking communities interested in hosting each of the 2023 and 2024 Annual General Assemblies (AGAs)!
The Provisional Council of the Métis Nation of Ontario (PCMNO) has set the dates as follows:
- MNO AGA 2023: August 17 to 20, 2023
- MNO AGA 2024: August 15 to 18, 2024
All MNO Community Councils are encouraged to consider submitting a business plan for either of the 2023 or 2024 AGA. Each business plan should include:
- The name of the person who will be the key contact from council to liaise with MNO staff, and their contact information
- A list of venues suitable to host AGA business meetings, for approximately 300 people (arenas, halls, theatres, outdoor spaces that could accommodate a large tent with audio video, etc.) providing information about their capacity, availability and approximate rental cost
- A list of accommodation options (including camping) available in your community indicating their locations and capacities
- A plan for a social event to be organized by the host community one evening of the AGA
- Options for other planned social events in your area (in past AGA’s planned social events included boat cruises, campfires etc.)
- An indication of your Council’s volunteer capacity
- If your council is applying to host in 2023 and is not chosen, if you would like to be considered for hosting in 2024
Questions about this call for expressions of interest can be directed to MNO Chair Hank Rowlinson at [email protected]
Please forward your expression of interest, including a draft business plan, to [email protected] by June 30, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST.