Telefilm Canada releases its 2022-2023 annual report
25 October 2023
Telefilm Canada is releasing its annual report for fiscal year 2022-2023. The annual report can be viewed here. A detailed version of program results from the new self-identification data collection method is also available here.
As announced last week, Telefilm’s Annual Public Meeting will be held virtually on November 15. On this occasion, the Board of Directors and the Management Committee will discuss Telefilm’s results and priorities for the future.
Highlights of the 2022-2023 annual report:
- Telefilm reinforced its role as a partner of choice for the Canadian film industry, administering a total of $158.7 million, including the third and final year of the Short-Term Compensation Fund.
- Telefilm administered the $35 million in funding granted as part of the $105 million in additional funding granted over three years by the federal government starting in 2021-2022.
- As administrator of the Short-Term Compensation Fund for Canadian Audiovisual Productions (STCF), Telefilm supported the audiovisual sector affected by the filming interruptions caused by COVID-19.
- With the funds received, we set up specific programs to revitalize and reopen the arts and culture sector, enabling the film industry to get off to a stronger start.
- The modernization continued with changes to our funding programs to make them more efficient, transparent and accessible, particularly to under-represented groups.
- From a technological standpoint, Telefilm’s Dialogue platform facilitated transactions worth over $660 million.
- Telefilm launched Phase II of its Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan.
- The production budget model was updated to include sustainability and EDI priorities.
- More than 230 industry activities, including 150 Canadian film festivals, had access to the National Promotion Programs.
- Telefilm launched its “Back to Cinema” campaign to encourage moviegoers across Canada to return to theatres and see films on the big screen.
- As an employer of choice, Telefilm is constantly adapting to today’s working world, and continues its initiatives to encourage internal growth and development.
- Telefilm also received the Bronze Parity Certification by Women in Governance which highlights internal measures, practices and programs that contribute to the equitable representation of women at all levels of the organization.
- Telefilm celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Talent Fund, which encourages, supports and promotes emerging creators.
Reminder of details for Annual Public Assembly
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- 2:30 pm (EST)
- All of our livestream options are available here.
As part of the Question and Answer period, you are invited to send your questions to Telefilm’s board of directors or senior management by Friday, November 10th at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your questions, please include your full name and the organization you represent (if applicable).