- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Oct. 18, 2023
Trudeau condemns a blast at a Gaza hospital, the feds are set to crack down on short-term rentals and COVID-19 hospitalizations are rising again.
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
1. Israel-Hamas war: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said news coming out of Gaza on Tuesday was “horrific and absolutely unacceptable” after hundreds were killed in a blast at a Gaza City hospital.
2. Short-term rentals crackdown: The Canadian government is looking at how to help provinces return short-term rentals to the long-term rental market and increase housing stock across the county.
3. COVID-19: COVID-19 hospitalizations are on the rise across Canada as a wave of autumn infections sweeps the population, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.
4. Up in smoke: Five years after legalization, the number of Canadians using recreational cannabis keeps getting higher while the sector shows signs of burning out.
5. X marks the cost: Elon Musk’s social media platform X has begun charging a US$1 fee to new users in the Philippines and New Zealand, in a test designed to cut down on the spam and fake accounts.