WAHA Medical Transportation: 2023 Fall Helicopter Transportation Schedule
November 1, 2023
Helicopter services to and from Weeneebayko General Hospital (WGH) are provided for Non-insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program patients and their escorts, Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) business travellers and non-status patients attending appointments. All passengers must be at the waiting areas 15 minutes to departure time.
** Everyone traveling on flight 704 to Kingston must check in with Air Creebec at the Moosonee Airport no later than 2:00 PM for 3:00 PM departure. All passengers must provide a valid ID to the ticket agent before boarding the flight.
WAHA NIHB DRIVERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO:
- Pick-up OR drop-off patients, escorts, and staff at private residences
- Exception: Patients with dialysis appointments
The Helicopter runs on time and will not be delayed for someone running late.
- There are a limited number of seats. Children without scheduled appointments cannot accompany clients (parents).
- No pets, alcohol or illegal substances are allowed.
- All travellers must present a Travel Warrant to the driver. Travel Warrants must be filled out entirely.
- WAHA Staff and business travelers must email their travel warrant at least two days in advance to WAHAemail@example.com
Bags, luggage and parcels:
- Only one (1) carry-on and one (1) piece of luggage weighing no more than 25 pounds is allowed.
- Passengers are responsible for making alternate transportation arrangements for any extra bags/parcels weighing over 25 pounds (excluding business travellers who require tools to perform their job).
Masks are mandatory on the Helicopters
Weekend Schedule – Operating from Expedition Trailer – NOT Airport Terminal
Statutory Holiday Schedule
- Extra runs will be made when a physician or nurse practitioner deems a patient is “medically urgent”. This must be indicated on the Travel Warrant.
- The Helicopter schedule can be changed anytime by the driver when there is a high volume of travelers.