- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly motivated member to assume the role of Safety Monitor. The safety monitor will provide monitoring Wellbriety Centre to maintain the safety of the staff, participants, and guests.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Monitor participants within the Wellbriety Centre property.
• Monitor building safety inside and outside of building.
• Provide reports when applicable.
• Assist with participants directly when required.
• Build positive relationships with the centre participants and staff.
• Assist with centre cleaning and inventory checks when needed.
• Provide the ability to communicate effectively with participants and understand each unique needs of support
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience and/or knowledge of monitoring workplaces with vulnerable people to ensure a safe environment.
• Knowledge of dealing with conflict and maintaining professionalism.
• Knowledge of traditional and modern education techniques.
• Have or be willing to complete CPR/First Aide certificate.
• Have or be willing to complete Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certificate.
• Knowledge of one or more First Nation languages would be an asset.
• Good physical and mental maturity.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
• A current Criminal Records Check and vulnerable persons check must be provided.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is required and a willingness to travel when needed.
Key skills and Competencies:
• Manages conflict, resourcefulness, communicated effectively, maintains professionalism, values differences, patient focus instils trust, positive relationship building, being resilient, demonstrates self-awareness, collaborates, builds effective teams.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings. (Include a most recent employer reference) by: 4:00 PM on November 17, 2023, to: email@example.com.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.